August’s special guest presenter
Georgi Goldman, topic TBD
Producer, Current TV
August’s special instructions
* Show up on Tuesday August 4th, at 7:45PM
* Show up to the right place 1200 N. Alvarado St. 90026
* Dress like you might explode at any moment. Hot hot hot.
* Or, dress very corporate. Happy happy happy.
* Bring a bottle (of something you wanna drink), $5, and a shifty look in your eyes
* Murmur your summertime password at the door (always, sotto voce)
August’s special film
by Jared Drake
First time feature filmmaker Jared Drake makes his directorial debut with this quirky black comedy set in the near future, and concerning a curious spike in cases of spontaneous human combustion. The Jeffers Corporation is the largest business in the history of mankind, and they got that way thanks to their strict philosophy of happiness through mindless productivity. But when people begin literally exploding due to unhappiness, Jeffers Corporation Level Three Visioneer George Washington Winsterhammerman (Zach Galifianakis) begins to fear that his time will come sooner rather than later. Judy Greer, Missi Pyle, and James LeGros co-star in an existential black comedy featuring music by Tim DeLaughter of the Polyphonic Spree.
Why this is all so special
Visioneers is being self-distributed. That means that screenings like these, as well as festival runs, ARE the theatrical release. This is it. You won’t see it elsewhere. Except on a DVD, which you can purchase at visioneersthemovie.com. It’s democracy folks, and you gotta support it.
August’s screening is curated by
Saskia Wilson-Brown, Georgi Goldman